Food Tour in the center : historical district
Bordeaux is a renowned wine capital and has an exceptional culinary heritage, with countless restaurants, artisans, and markets. Go to the heart of the historic district to savor the specialties of New Aquitaine.
We start the Culinary Stroll on one of the famous small squares of Bordeaux, the Place Saint-Pierre. To start this morning stroll, we will settle in a coffee shop. The history of this port and its merchandise will be told to you, and we will start with our first tasting of coffee and chocolate, the best in the city. Our visit in the old quarter will resume and the beauty of the place will surprise you.
Our tour of this district will be punctuated by three sweet gourmet stops, where an innovative grocery store will be presented to you, followed by an emblematic specialty of the city, and finally ending with an exciting subject, bread, and chocolate croissant. A promise of timeless tastings!
After a short stroll through the streets of the Old City, we will arrive at the Covered Market. What a life! Cheese with wine and charcuterie will delight you: we will talk about quality and production methods.
We will finish this guided tour by sitting down to a dish in a local bistronomic restaurant. It will be paired by wine and/or followed by a small dessert.
– Regional specialties
– Know-how of the craftsmen
– Discovery of the heritage
What is included
– 3 hour guided tour
– An expert guide
– 10 tastings among which coffee, chocolate, fruit, local pastries, bread, chocolate bread, cold cuts or cheese and wine, signature dish of a Bordeaux chef
– Group of 6 people maximum
– Address book at the end of the tour
– Visit in French, English or Spanish
– It is recommended to wear good shoes
– Please indicate 48 hours before the tour if you have any special dietary requirements or restrictions: tastings can be modified accordingly. Vegetarian/gluten-free option possible (contact us)
– The guided tour is done with a minimum of 2 people
– The tour replaces 1 meal
– Have a light breakfast/lunch before coming on the tour
Possibility of private tours! contact us
Good to know
Bordeaux A Dream is a local company that has only one desire: to promote our local know-how and sustainable tourism, and in Bordeaux that of the New Aquitaine region, and to provide you with unforgettable experiences.
Did you know that the selection of addresses for a gourmet stroll is carefully prepared over several months?
– Meeting producers/artisans (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMnYd0qjjURvoPik9eI7_Kw/videos)
– Visit of the production workshops
We would be delighted to share our secrets with you.
Our guides follow the government regulations in force
Isabelle, the founder of Bordeaux a Dream, will be happy to guide you through the sleeping beauty to discover its wonders.
Une activité que je recommande à 100% pour visiter Bordeaux !
Merci encore pour ce FoodTour!